Knipex Tools from Germany has released a large line of tethered capable pliers and hand tools.
“The KNIPEX Tethered Tools Program includes 24 tools with tether attachment mounts. Tools with tether attachments and lanyards provide effective protection against accidents caused by falling tools.” Quote taken from Knipex literature.
The tether attachment point is a plastic bracket with a closed wire clamp that is SECURELY WELDED to the multi-component handle of the tool. The positioning of the mount does not interfere with the tool’s functionality and user’s comfort with and without a lanyard attached.
- Used correctly, they drastically reduce accidents involving falling tools
- Tether attachment on the multi-grip handles
- Tether attachment mount is welded securely to the handle
- Flat mounting point does not get in the way when using the tool
- Not to be used on a lanyard of 5 feet or more
- Tools can be secured to prevent dropping or falling during use with cherry pickers, scaffolding and ladders and also by industrial climbers with wire ropes and high altitude rescue workers
Tethered tools are available as of this writing but KNIPEX lanyard system will be available this upcoming spring.
KNIPEX Tools LP
1500 Busch Parkway
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089